As part of national social distancing measures to limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we have had to limit the numbers of students attending our centre and have put some temporary measures in place.
- On entering the Centre, students and staff must sign in and have their temperature taken with the infrared digital thermometer and a note made that it was done
- Students may not go in or use the kitchen or “staff” toilet
- Students must bring in their own water, drinks and food; staff will not make them any tea, coffee, or heat things in the microwave
- We must assure that students wash their hands regularly or use the 70% alcohol hand gel, especially after using the toilets
- Tables, keyboards, mice, and other implements must be wiped with the disposable disinfectant wipes once a student or teacher has finished with them and/or the end of their session
- For the morning session, no more than five students are allowed in the large teaching room at any one time with the exception of another student going in to use the toilet or get learning materials; social distancing must be maintained
We are committed to protecting the wellbeing of our students, their families and our staff, so we are constantly monitoring the information, recommendations, and decisions from the Government.
We have put into place contingencies for remote teaching and are putting together work packages for our day students and direct online learning for those who will be able to access it. We will assist our after-school students with work and suggestions. We’d like to provide you with the reassurance that we will continue to serve our students’ needs should a longer-term solution be required in accordance with Government dictates.
Our expectation at this stage is that we will continue with our normal programmes and hours. If we are forced to close, we will move to assist our day students with appropriate learning methods that best suit their needs and abilities and we will set up after-school tutoring make-up sessions for our students in those programmes.
We will continue to keep you informed of any changes and thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Best wishes, all at CRLT